Stephen Harris, the lead horse racing tipster at bettingexpert, closed the gap at the top of the Tipster Challenge table after victories for Dance King and Elusive Beauty at Carlisle.
The two wins, his 15th and 16th over eight weeks of action, extended his average to 10.19 points, just 0.19 behind the current leader and defending champion Sarah Shannon (OneBet).
Meanwhile, Metric Gaming’s Conall McSorley was left frustrated by a narrow defeat for his Nap of the Day Bletchley, but did at least collect 4.00 points from John Kirkup in the day’s opener.
Race Winners at Carlisle:
- John Kirkup – 4/1
- Byron’s Choice – 4/1
- Dance King – 8/1
- Carnageo – 13/2
- Elusive Beauty – 11/2
- Whatsthemessage – 8/1
- Showboating – 9/1
Tipster Challenge 2017 Leaderboard
|1||Sarah Shannon - OneBet||2||10.38|
|2||Stephen Harris - bettingexpert||2||10.19|
|3||Tim Reynolds - Sun Bets||2||5.00|
|4||Steven Mullington - 888sport||2||4.57|
|5||Ben Cleminson - Square in the Air||2||4.50|
|6||Conall McSorley - Metric Gaming||1||4.00|
|7||Charlie McCann - BetVictor||1||2.25|
|8||Alex Donohue - ODDSbible||1||2.00|
|9||Rupert Adams - William Hill||1||0.50|
- bettingexpert and a rotation of guests will be providing expert tips for a specific Wednesday race meet.
- We will keep record of points won each week and the number of race wins for each.
- The guests will compete individually, with their points going up against the average total for bettingexpert.
- The new tips will be published on Wednesday ahead of the race meet, and the results will be available on Thursday.
- For the competition, we will assume that all selections are backed with 1 point.
- Lost tips will count as 0 and won bets will be added to the leaderboard at SP value.
- Each tipster will get a ‘Nap of the Day’ each week which scores double points.
- For example, if bettingexpert’s Stephen Harris backs a winning horse at 8/1, he will get 8 points; if he has put this horse forward as his ‘Nap of the Day’, the reward is 16 points.