Latest News

Latest News

William Hill culls digital product management team as Crispin Nieboer leads division’s restructure

FTSE-listed bookmaker William Hill has culled a number of senior management roles within the firm’s digital division, as the company seeks to restructure and re-strategize its online gambling assets. The restructure has seen William Hill depart with three senior staff members of its digital product operations; Stuart Weston as Sportsbook Director, James Curwen Chief Product Lead and Juergen Reutter Chief Experience ... Read More »

Ladbrokes seeks to extend key SPFL sponsorship

FTSE-listed Ladbrokes Coral has informed that it will extend Ladbrokes title sponsorship of all Scottish professional football divisions, by agreeing on further terms with the Scottish Professional Football League (SPFL). Ladbrokes has acted as SPFL lead sponsor since 2015. The bookmaker detailed that it wanted to extend its existing £2 million a year sponsorship agreement with SPFL for the upcoming 2017/18 ... Read More »

William Hill – Joshua v Klitschko can Knockout £100 million betting mark

William Hill, the official sponsor of Anthony Joshua v Wladimir Klitschko, is predicting the global betting industry turnover could reach £100 million (£20 million in the UK alone) for Saturday’s eagerly awaited world heavyweight showdown. Watford’s Anthony Joshua is at present the 4/9 favourite to win the fight, and in the process add the vacant WBA and IBO titles to his collection. ... Read More »

SBC delivers global market perspective at Betting on Football

Market Profile #bofcon2017

The final agenda for Betting on Football has been released, with Mr Green CEO Jesper Kärrbrink just one of the star names signed by SBC Events to deliver a global perspective on the football betting market at Stamford Bridge (3-5 May). The former Svenska Spel CEO will be speaking on the Scandinavian panel at Betting on Football alongside Danske Spil ... Read More »

Machine sales & interactive growth boost Scientific Games Q1 performance

Publishing its Q1 2016 results Nasdaq-listed Scientific Games Corporation (SGC) has published its ‘sixth consecutive quarter of growth’, driven by strong machine gaming sales and its interactive division. Q1 2017 revenues rose 6% to $725 million, up from $682 million a year ago. Revenue growth was supported by a 24% increase in global unit shipments and a 33% increase in ... Read More »

BetConstruct releases source code for its front-end as open source

European industry platform and technology provider BetConstruct has announced that it has released its front-end source codes as an open source function, in a move to give its customer base more flexibility and agility over their products. BetConstruct’s management and development teams believe that the decision to open front-end source codes will allow for the supplier and its partners to ... Read More »

ESSA – Tennis heads up suspicious betting activity for the ninth consecutive quarter

Updating the market, international betting integrity body ESSA reported 27 cases of suspicious betting to the relevant authorities during the first quarter (Q1) of 2017. The sport of tennis accounted for 45% of those alerts with 12 cases; the sport has now had the highest number of alerts in the last nine consecutive quarters. The remaining 55% of cases were split ... Read More »

UK Government freezes free play tax on 2017 Finance Bill

The UK government will not introduce a tax on industry ‘free plays’ and customer bonus incentives, as Parliament shuts down and prepares for the 8 June General Election. Last December, HMRC introduced new provisions accounting for duties on customer free plays issued by operators which would be attached to the 2017 Finance Bill. Updating industry stakeholders, the government has chosen ... Read More »

Tough Opening…Currency impacts & increased tax duties hit Betsson AB’s Q1 2017 performance

Publishing its Q1 2017 interim results (unaudited period ending 31 March), Stockholm-listed European online gambling group Betsson AB has reported that its period earnings and profit results have been impacted by negative currency fluctuations, increased market taxes and player friendly results recorded by its sports betting division. Updating investors, Betsson would report a 10% increase in group revenues to SEK ... Read More »

Playtech BGT Sports finalises executive team

Updating the market, FTSE-listed Playtech Plc has confirmed that its new subsidiary sports betting division Playtech BGT Sports (PBS) has finalised the restructure of its senior management team following the division’s acquisition of leading betting technology firm  BGT last year As previously announced, heading up the team as PBS Chief Executive will be Dr. Armin Sageder, who led BGT to ... Read More »