Michelle Livingstone Betfred CRM Manager presents the EIG Berlin audience with an overview of Betfred’s unique Customer retention and communication strategies. Livingstone sheds insight on handling customers between traditional and mobile verticals, what key data and player trends Betfred are looking to evaluate and expose. Livingstone further talks about changing strategies and values when assessing customer journey
Session Speaker – Michelle Livingstone – Games & CRM Manager Betfred
- Betfred has really put some effort into developing its mobile product over the last 16 months and it has been paying off. The firm has seen a 17% growth in mobile sportsbook since 2013 and 60% of its games revenue comes from the mobile platform.
- The firm is not forgetting its web-based players as they have a good lifetime value, but the firm has found out that users play games on their mobiles for an extra half day when they migrate from desktop.
- Betfred has put a lot of effort into the customer journey after discovering that the churn rate for players after entering the app once or twice was a huge 80%.
- The operator also discovered that players who had opened the app within the previous two days were 75-80% more likely to respond to marketing messages than players who had not accessed the app for 15+ days.
- Livingstone added that by using greater customer segmentation, ie separating out players via favourite sport but also via certain habits and typical times of play, the company sent out a 1/4 of its marketing messages for double the results.
- She added that while push messaging via the app was a very strong method of communication, it was also very intrusive and that Betfred apps always asked the users if they would permit push messaging rather than alienate a potentially good customer.