Tipster Challenge leader Sarah Shannon from OneBet retained a lead held since 15 June despite ‘Nap of the Day’ success for BetStars on Suwaan at Musselburgh.
The 5/2 victory for Suwaan in the day’s final race was only enough to move Ian Marmion, Trading Director for BetStars, into a creditable seventh place.
However, it was another difficult day for the resident horse racing guru from bettingexpert. Stephen Harris, leader after five weeks of the competition, slipped out of the top three for the first time.
Race Winners at Musselburgh:
- Soldier’s Minute – 9/2
- Masarzain – 15/8
- Mr Sundowner – 5/1
- Kinloch Pride – 20/1
- Alnasl – 7/2
- Adrakhan – 11/4
- Suwaan – 5/2
Tipster Challenge 2017 Leaderboard
|1||Sarah Shannon - OneBet||2||10.38|
|2||Edward Rycroft - LeoVegas||3||7.80|
|3||Harry Lang - Pinnacle||4||7.00|
|4||Stephen Harris - bettingexpert||1.50||6.99|
|5||Alexman - OLBG||2||5.10|
|6||Tim Reynolds - Sun Bets||2||5.00|
|7||Ian Marmion - BetStars||1||5.00|
|8||Steven Mullington - 888sport||2||4.57|
|9||Ben Cleminson - Square in the Air||2||4.50|
|10||Conall McSorley - Metric Gaming||1||4.00|
|11||Michael Robinson - Betsafe||1||3.50|
|12||Conor White - BetBright||1||3.33|
|13||Charlie McCann - BetVictor||1||2.25|
|14||Alex Donohue - ODDSbible||1||2.00|
|15||Rupert Adams - William Hill||1||0.50|
|16||Steve Munns - Grosvenor Sport||0||0.00|
- bettingexpert and a rotation of guests will be providing expert tips for a specific Wednesday race meet.
- We will keep record of points won each week and the number of race wins for each.
- The guests will compete individually, with their points going up against the average total for bettingexpert.
- The new tips will be published on Wednesday ahead of the race meet, and the results will be available on Thursday.
- For the competition, we will assume that all selections are backed with 1 point.
- Lost tips will count as 0 and won bets will be added to the leaderboard at SP value.
- Each tipster will get a ‘Nap of the Day’ each week which scores double points.
- For example, if bettingexpert’s Stephen Harris backs a winning horse at 8/1, he will get 8 points; if he has put this horse forward as his ‘Nap of the Day’, the reward is 16 points.