The Sir Michael Stoute-trained El Cap (4-1) proved to be the correct Nap of the Day for bettingexpert’s Stephen Harris in the Tipster Challenge at Thirsk.
Harris and Alexman, a hot horse racing tipster from the OLBG sports betting community, shared the same two victories across the eight-race meet.
However, while a win for El Cap cemented Harris’ place in second with a 10.07 average, OLBG could only squeeze into the top three with a 5.10-point total.
Race Winners at Thirsk:
- Trusting Friend – 8/1
- Rockies Spirit – 3/1
- Give Em A Clump – 11/10
- Sir Billy Wright – 6/1
- Mango Chutney – 7/2
- Original Choice – 5/4
- El Cap – 4/1
- Questo – 4/1
Tipster Challenge 2017 Leaderboard
|1||Sarah Shannon - OneBet||2||10.38|
|2||Stephen Harris - bettingexpert||2||10.07|
|3||Alexman - OLBG||2||5.10|
|4||Tim Reynolds - Sun Bets||2||5.00|
|5||Steven Mullington - 888sport||2||4.57|
|6||Ben Cleminson - Square in the Air||2||4.50|
|7||Conall McSorley - Metric Gaming||1||4.00|
|8||Charlie McCann - BetVictor||1||2.25|
|9||Alex Donohue - ODDSbible||1||2.00|
|10||Rupert Adams - William Hill||1||0.50|
- bettingexpert and a rotation of guests will be providing expert tips for a specific Wednesday race meet.
- We will keep record of points won each week and the number of race wins for each.
- The guests will compete individually, with their points going up against the average total for bettingexpert.
- The new tips will be published on Wednesday ahead of the race meet, and the results will be available on Thursday.
- For the competition, we will assume that all selections are backed with 1 point.
- Lost tips will count as 0 and won bets will be added to the leaderboard at SP value.
- Each tipster will get a ‘Nap of the Day’ each week which scores double points.
- For example, if bettingexpert’s Stephen Harris backs a winning horse at 8/1, he will get 8 points; if he has put this horse forward as his ‘Nap of the Day’, the reward is 16 points.