The latest edition of the Tipster Challenge at Salisbury was a complete reverse of the previous week, as almost all of the pre-race favourites failed to win at extremely short prices. Incredibly, four of the seven winners prevailed at odds of 10/1 or greater, including Jackhammer (25/1) and Hatsaway (20/1).
It turned into a nightmare day for SBC News, as Andrew Riley gave the Guests a 5-point lead at the top of the leaderboard. The Social Media Manager for Oddschecker returned 5.75 points from victories on Groupie and Wave Reviews.
Stephen Harris of bettingexpert stays in 3rd after a pair of Salisbury winners, whilst Timeform remain 4th despite picking the winner in the final race of the day. See below for the latest leaderboard!
Race Winners at Salisbury:
- Jackhammer – 25/1
- Silverrica – 11/4
- Groupie – 3/1
- Marmajuke Bay – 10/1
- Hatsaway – 20/1
- Storm Ahead – 10/1
- Wave Reviews – 4/6
Tipster Challenge Week 22 Leaderboard:
- We will be taking on bettingexpert, Timeform and a rotation of guests, with the focus on a specific Wednesday race meet.
- Throughout the year we will keep record of points won each week, points won on average and points won overall for each.
- The guest tipsters will compete as one team, with their points added together as one leaderboard entry.
- The new tips will be published on Wednesday ahead of the race meet, and the results will be available on Thursday.
- For the purpose of the competition, we will assume that all selections are backed with 1 point.
- Lost tips will count as 0 and won bets will be added to the leaderboard at SP value.
- For example, if bettingexpert backs a winning horse at 8/1, they will get 8 points.