Square in the Air director Ben Cleminson and bettingexpert’s Stephen Harris made a flying start in the Tipster Challenge at Ascot by sharing success across the first four races.
However, neither managed to find the long odds winners in the final two races of the day, which left Harris in second place despite increasing his weekly average with a 12.00-point haul.
Meanwhile, Cleminson had to be content with taking fifth place in the competition, sponsored by Betting Gods, after wins for Le Brivido in the opener and 5/2F Qemah in the 3.40.
Race Winners at Ascot:
- Le Brivido – 2/1
- Heartache – 5/1
- Qemah – 5/2
- Highland Reel – 9/4
- Zhui Feng – 25/1
- Con Te Partiro – 20/1
Tipster Challenge 2017 Leaderboard
|1||Sarah Shannon - OneBet||2||10.38|
|2||Stephen Harris - bettingexpert||2||9.72|
|3||Tim Reynolds - Sun Bets||2||5.00|
|4||Steven Mullington - 888sport||2||4.57|
|5||Ben Cleminson - Square in the Air||2||4.50|
|6||Charlie McCann - BetVictor||1||2.25|
|7||Alex Donohue - ODDSbible||1||2.00|
|8||Rupert Adams - William Hill||1||0.50|
- bettingexpert and a rotation of guests will be providing expert tips for a specific Wednesday race meet.
- We will keep record of points won each week and the number of race wins for each.
- The guests will compete individually, with their points going up against the average total for bettingexpert.
- The new tips will be published on Wednesday ahead of the race meet, and the results will be available on Thursday.
- For the competition, we will assume that all selections are backed with 1 point.
- Lost tips will count as 0 and won bets will be added to the leaderboard at SP value.
- Each tipster will get a ‘Nap of the Day’ each week which scores double points.
- For example, if bettingexpert’s Stephen Harris backs a winning horse at 8/1, he will get 8 points; if he has put this horse forward as his ‘Nap of the Day’, the reward is 16 points.