Stephen Harris from bettingexpert pulled off the longest odds win in the history of the Tipster Challenge, after correctly backing 16/1 Montaly to win the 3:35 at Chester.
This came after Harris had started the new Jump Season competition, sponsored by Betting Gods, by landing his 2/1 Nap of the Day on Enable. The horse racing guru then followed up his 16/1 success by picking up two more victories on Here And Now (15/2) and Never Surrender (2/1) for a score of 29.50.
Meanwhile, it was a difficult day for our first competition guest, Alex Donohue. The newly appointed Brand Partnerships Manager at ODDSbible collected just 2.00 points for Enable, but his Nap of the Day Stradivarius was beaten into second place in the 4:05.
Race Winners at Chester:
- Yogi’s Girl – 4/1
- Enable – 2/1
- El Astronaute – 2/1
- Montaly – 16/1
- Here And Now – 15/2
- Never Surrender – 2/1
- Russian Soul – 14/1
Tipster Challenge 2017 Leaderboard
|2||Alex Donohue - ODDSbible||1||2.00|
- bettingexpert and a rotation of guests will be providing expert tips for a specific Wednesday race meet.
- We will keep record of points won each week and the number of race wins for each.
- The guests will compete individually, with their points going up against the average total for bettingexpert.
- The new tips will be published on Wednesday ahead of the race meet, and the results will be available on Thursday.
- For the competition, we will assume that all selections are backed with 1 point.
- Lost tips will count as 0 and won bets will be added to the leaderboard at SP value.
- Each tipster will get a ‘Nap of the Day’ each week which scores double points.
- For example, if bettingexpert’s Stephen Harris backs a winning horse at 8/1, he will get 8 points; if he has put this horse forward as his ‘Nap of the Day’, the reward is 16 points.