After proving to be an unhappy hunting ground for our experts at the Festival five weeks ago, Cheltenham threw up just a trio of winners across seven races in yesterday’s Tipster Challenge.
In the penultimate week of the 2016/17 challenge, sponsored by Betting Gods, Ball Street Partnerships Director Ged Colleypriest failed to find a winner, while bettingexpert’s Stephen Harris returned an untimely low score of 1.63 points to harm his chances of finishing in the top five.
Timeform did at least record a pair of victories, including a 3/1 win for Doing Fine, for a week-high total of 3.53 points. They will be looking to overtake the likes of Betfred and Pinnacle in next week’s finale.
Race Winners at Cheltenham:
- William Henry – 8/15
- Henryville – 7/1
- Political Quiz – 9/1
- Doing Fine – 3/1
- Iora Glas – 8/1
- Mick Thonic – 13/8
- Silverhow – 7/2
Tipster Challenge 2016/17 Leaderboard
|1||Sarah Shannon - AppBet||3||13.69|
|2||Alan Alger - Betway||3||11.41|
|3||Jacob Johns - Easyodds||3||7.72|
|4||Phillip Anderson - Before The Off||3||6.17|
|5||Ciaran O'Brien - William Hill||3||5.29|
|7||Ben Cleminson - Square in the Air||1||4.50|
|8||John Hill - Coral||2||4.25|
|9||Alex Donohue - Ladbrokes||2||4.11|
|10||Michael Shinners - Sky Bet||2||4.00|
|11||Stuart Tilly - Argyll Entertainment||1||4.00|
|12||Darren Moore - Betting Gods||2||3.66|
|13||Conor White - BetBright||3||3.62|
|14||Trevor Keane - Sportego||2||3.50|
|15||Harry Lang - Pinnacle||1||3.50|
|16||Matthew Hulmes - Betfred||2||3.25|
|20||Edward Rycroft - LeoVegas||2||1.82|
|21||Charlie McCann - BetVictor||1||1.75|
|22||Stephen Power - @racingblogger||2||1.69|
|23||John Cruces - Dafabet||1||1.25|
|24||Michael Whittle - Team FA||1||0.91|
|25||Ed Nicholson - Unibet||1||0.73|
|26||Gerry Murray - 32Red||1||0.44|
|27||Bradley Gibbs - Bookmaker Ratings||1||0.20|
|28||Ged Colleypriest - Ball Street||0||0.00|
- bettingexpert, Timeform and a rotation of guests will be providing expert tips for a specific Wednesday race meet.
- We will keep record of points won each week and the number of race wins for each.
- The guests will compete individually, with their points going up against the average totals for bettingexpert and Timeform.
- The new tips will be published on Wednesday ahead of the race meet, and the results will be available on Thursday.
- For the competition, we will assume that all selections are backed with 1 point.
- Lost tips will count as 0 and won bets will be added to the leaderboard at SP value.
- For example, if bettingexpert backs a winning horse at 8/1, they will get 8 points.