Harry Lang, Marketing Director at Pinnacle, could only match the 3.50-point return for both Timeform and bettingexpert’s Stephen Harris. All three landed a single winner on Might Bite (7/2), which came as early as the second race.
The rest of the day was a struggle, with only Timeform recording another top three on 9/4F Cantlow. Timeform and bettingexpert held their positions in 15th and 6th, while Lang entered in 14th place.
Race Winners at Cheltenham:
- Willoughby Court – 14/1
- Might Bite – 7/2
- Supasundae – 16/1
- Special Tiara – 11/1
- Cause of Causes – 4/1
- Flying Tiger – 33/1
- Fayonagh – 7/1
Tipster Challenge 2016/17 Leaderboard
|1||Sarah Shannon - AppBet||3||13.69|
|2||Alan Alger - Betway||3||11.41|
|3||Jacob Johns - Easyodds||3||7.72|
|4||Phillip Anderson - Before The Off||3||6.17|
|5||Ciaran O'Brien - William Hill||3||5.29|
|7||Ben Cleminson - Square in the Air||1||4.50|
|8||John Hill - Coral||2||4.25|
|9||Alex Donohue - Ladbrokes||2||4.11|
|10||Michael Shinners - Sky Bet||2||4.00|
|11||Stuart Tilly - Argyll Entertainment||1||4.00|
|12||Darren Moore - Betting Gods||2||3.66|
|13||Trevor Keane - Sportego||2||3.50|
|14||Harry Lang - Pinnacle||1||3.50|
|16||Matthew Hulmes - Betfred||2||3.25|
|19||Charlie McCann - BetVictor||1||1.75|
|20||Stephen Power - @racingblogger||2||1.69|
|21||John Cruces - Dafabet||1||1.25|
|22||Michael Whittle - Team FA||1||0.91|
|23||Ed Nicholson - Unibet||1||0.73|
- bettingexpert, Timeform and a rotation of guests will be providing expert tips for a specific Wednesday race meet.
- We will keep record of points won each week and the number of race wins for each.
- The guests will compete individually, with their points going up against the average totals for bettingexpert and Timeform.
- The new tips will be published on Wednesday ahead of the race meet, and the results will be available on Thursday.
- For the competition, we will assume that all selections are backed with 1 point.
- Lost tips will count as 0 and won bets will be added to the leaderboard at SP value.
- For example, if bettingexpert backs a winning horse at 8/1, they will get 8 points.