Stephen Harris from bettingexpert recorded an impressive 10.38 points in the Tipster Challenge at Ludlow, after correctly predicting race wins for Kilcrea Vale, Colins Brother and Fox Appeal.
Harris drastically improved his weekly average to 2.47, but still dropped a place behind this week’s guest from Betfred. TV Broadcaster Matthew Hulmes managed a pair of victories and 3.25 points.
Hulmes entered in ninth place on the Tipster Challenge table, two places behind another of our regular tipsters. Timeform returned 4.38 points from the winning pair of Tara View and Top Ville Ben.
Race Winners at Ludlow:
- River Wylde – 3/1
- Kilcrea Vale – 15/8
- Colins Brother – 9/2
- Tara View – 3/1
- Fox Appeal – 4/1
- Goal – 7/1
- Top Ville Ben – 11/8
Tipster Challenge 2016/17 Leaderboard
|1||Alan Alger - Betway||3||11.41|
|2||Phillip Anderson - Before The Off||3||6.17|
|3||Ciaran O'Brien - William Hill||3||5.29|
|4||John Hill - Coral||2||4.25|
|5||Michael Shinners - Sky Bet||2||4.00|
|6||Stuart Tilly - Argyll Entertainment||1||4.00|
|8||Trevor Keane - Sportego||2||3.50|
|9||Matthew Hulmes - Betfred||2||3.25|
|11||Charlie McCann - BetVictor||1||1.75|
|12||John Cruces - Dafabet||1||1.25|
|13||Michael Whittle - Team FA||1||0.91|
|14||Ed Nicholson - Unibet||1||0.73|
- bettingexpert, Timeform and a rotation of guests will be providing expert tips for a specific Wednesday race meet.
- We will keep record of points won each week and the number of race wins for each.
- The guests will compete individually, with their points going up against the average totals for bettingexpert and Timeform.
- The new tips will be published on Wednesday ahead of the race meet, and the results will be available on Thursday.
- For the competition, we will assume that all selections are backed with 1 point.
- Lost tips will count as 0 and won bets will be added to the leaderboard at SP value.
- For example, if bettingexpert backs a winning horse at 8/1, they will get 8 points.