It was a great day for SBC News in the Tipster Challenge at Epsom, as a late win on Finelcity (9/1) gave us a lead of more than 7 points at the top of the leaderboard.
The Guests, well represented by Michael Whittle (Sports Acquisition Executive at Betfred), matched SBC’s other two wins on Medburn Dream (9/2) and So Mi Dar (3/1).
Meanwhile, it was a disappointing outing for Stephen Harris of bettingexpert and Timeform, as they collected just 3.00 points apiece and remain in 3rd and 4th place.
Race Winners at Epsom:
- Normal Equilibrium – 4/1
- So Mi Dar – 3/1
- Barwick – 16/1
- Dark Red – 12/1
- Finelcity – 9/1
- Medburn Dream – 9/2
Tipster Challenge Week 14 Leaderboard:
- We will be taking on bettingexpert, Timeform and a rotation of guest tipsters every week, with the focus on a specific race meet every Wednesday.
- Throughout the year we will keep record of points won each week, points won on average and points won overall for each tipster.
- The guest tipsters will compete as one team, with their points added together as one leaderboard entry.
- The new tips will be published on Wednesday ahead of the race meet, and the results will be available from Thursday morning.
- For the purpose of the competition, we will assume that all selections are backed with 1 point.
- Lost tips will count as 0 and won bets will be added to the leaderboard at SP value.
- For example, if bettingexpert backs a winning horse at 8/1, they will get 8 points.