For Conor White, Marketing Communications Manager at BetBright, it was a case of the wrong horses coming up trumps in the Tipster Challenge at Sedgefield.
Both White and the experts from Timeform collected 3.62 points from a trio of short price winners in Hint of Grey (13/8), Whitsundays (11/8) and Bordeaux Bill (8/13).
Meanwhile, bettingexpert horse racing guru Stephen Harris picked up 5.00 points from Onwiththeparty in the opening race, his only success of the seven-race meet.
This has been something of a trend in this year’s challenge, sponsored by Betting Gods, as bettingexpert sit 10 places higher than Timeform, and with a weekly average of 1.27 points greater, despite recording six race wins fewer over 23 weeks of action.
Race Winners at Sedgefield:
- Onwiththeparty – 5/1
- Hint Of Grey – 13/8
- Boric – 10/1
- Mr Clarkson – 6/1
- Whitsundays – 11/8
- Bordeaux Bill – 8/13
- Pikarnia – 5/1
Tipster Challenge 2016/17 Leaderboard
|1||Sarah Shannon - AppBet||3||13.69|
|2||Alan Alger - Betway||3||11.41|
|3||Jacob Johns - Easyodds||3||7.72|
|4||Phillip Anderson - Before The Off||3||6.17|
|5||Ciaran O'Brien - William Hill||3||5.29|
|7||Ben Cleminson - Square in the Air||1||4.50|
|8||John Hill - Coral||2||4.25|
|9||Alex Donohue - Ladbrokes||2||4.11|
|10||Michael Shinners - Sky Bet||2||4.00|
|11||Stuart Tilly - Argyll Entertainment||1||4.00|
|12||Darren Moore - Betting Gods||2||3.66|
|13||Conor White - BetBright||3||3.62|
|14||Trevor Keane - Sportego||2||3.50|
|15||Harry Lang - Pinnacle||1||3.50|
|17||Matthew Hulmes - Betfred||2||3.25|
|20||Edward Rycroft - LeoVegas||2||1.82|
|21||Charlie McCann - BetVictor||1||1.75|
|22||Stephen Power - @racingblogger||2||1.69|
|23||John Cruces - Dafabet||1||1.25|
|24||Michael Whittle - Team FA||1||0.91|
|25||Ed Nicholson - Unibet||1||0.73|
- bettingexpert, Timeform and a rotation of guests will be providing expert tips for a specific Wednesday race meet.
- We will keep record of points won each week and the number of race wins for each.
- The guests will compete individually, with their points going up against the average totals for bettingexpert and Timeform.
- The new tips will be published on Wednesday ahead of the race meet, and the results will be available on Thursday.
- For the competition, we will assume that all selections are backed with 1 point.
- Lost tips will count as 0 and won bets will be added to the leaderboard at SP value.
- For example, if bettingexpert backs a winning horse at 8/1, they will get 8 points.