It was a day for short price winners in the Tipster Challenge, sponsored by Betting Gods. The six races at Haydock produced winners at 1/14, Evens and 7/4.
Unfortunately for our experts, which this week included LeoVegas Sportsbook Manager Edward Rycroft, none of them had predicted victories for the day’s slightly longer odds successes – 3/1 Chti Balko, 7/2 Sammy B and 7/1 Purcell’s Bridge.
Rycroft’s 1.82 points from two race wins put him 19th in the table. Meanwhile, bettingexpert’s Stephen Harris and Timeform held their starting positions of 6th and 15th respectively.
Race Winners at Haydock:
- Chti Balko – 3/1
- The Nipper – 1/14
- Buttercup – 7/4
- Sammy B – 7/2
- Purcell’s Bridge – 7/1
- Johanos – Evens
Tipster Challenge 2016/17 Leaderboard
|1||Sarah Shannon - AppBet||3||13.69|
|2||Alan Alger - Betway||3||11.41|
|3||Jacob Johns - Easyodds||3||7.72|
|4||Phillip Anderson - Before The Off||3||6.17|
|5||Ciaran O'Brien - William Hill||3||5.29|
|7||Ben Cleminson - Square in the Air||1||4.50|
|8||John Hill - Coral||2||4.25|
|9||Alex Donohue - Ladbrokes||2||4.11|
|10||Michael Shinners - Sky Bet||2||4.00|
|11||Stuart Tilly - Argyll Entertainment||1||4.00|
|12||Darren Moore - Betting Gods||2||3.66|
|13||Trevor Keane - Sportego||2||3.50|
|14||Harry Lang - Pinnacle||1||3.50|
|16||Matthew Hulmes - Betfred||2||3.25|
|19||Edward Rycroft - LeoVegas||2||1.82|
|20||Charlie McCann - BetVictor||1||1.75|
|21||Stephen Power - @racingblogger||2||1.69|
|22||John Cruces - Dafabet||1||1.25|
|23||Michael Whittle - Team FA||1||0.91|
|24||Ed Nicholson - Unibet||1||0.73|
- bettingexpert, Timeform and a rotation of guests will be providing expert tips for a specific Wednesday race meet.
- We will keep record of points won each week and the number of race wins for each.
- The guests will compete individually, with their points going up against the average totals for bettingexpert and Timeform.
- The new tips will be published on Wednesday ahead of the race meet, and the results will be available on Thursday.
- For the competition, we will assume that all selections are backed with 1 point.
- Lost tips will count as 0 and won bets will be added to the leaderboard at SP value.
- For example, if bettingexpert backs a winning horse at 8/1, they will get 8 points.