For the first time in over four months, we have a new leader in the Tipster Challenge, after the most successful day of the series so far at Wincanton.
Sarah Shannon, the horse racing tipster for AppBet since the app’s conception in 2015, landed three winners to take top spot from Betway’s Alan Alger on 13.69 points.
Her points tally was matched by the experts from Timeform, who moved up a place to 14th, while Stephen Harris of bettingexpert broke the Tipster Challenge record with 19.25 points.
The horse racing guru picked up wins on Sleep Easy, Ballinvarrig and 12/1 Tangley to climb from 9th to 6th, with an average of 4.76 points after 20 weeks of action.
Race Winners at Wincanton:
- Fountains Windfall – 4/9
- Sleep Easy – 6/1
- Ballinvarrig – 5/4
- Loch Ba – 4/1
- Tangley – 12/1
- Thundering Home – 5/1
Tipster Challenge 2016/17 Leaderboard
|1||Sarah Shannon - AppBet||3||13.69|
|2||Alan Alger - Betway||3||11.41|
|3||Jacob Johns - Easyodds||3||7.72|
|4||Phillip Anderson - Before The Off||3||6.17|
|5||Ciaran O'Brien - William Hill||3||5.29|
|7||Ben Cleminson - Square in the Air||1||4.50|
|8||John Hill - Coral||2||4.25|
|9||Alex Donohue - Ladbrokes||2||4.11|
|10||Michael Shinners - Sky Bet||2||4.00|
|11||Stuart Tilly - Argyll Entertainment||1||4.00|
|12||Darren Moore - Betting Gods||2||3.66|
|13||Trevor Keane - Sportego||2||3.50|
|15||Matthew Hulmes - Betfred||2||3.25|
|18||Charlie McCann - BetVictor||1||1.75|
|19||Stephen Power - @racingblogger||2||1.69|
|20||John Cruces - Dafabet||1||1.25|
|21||Michael Whittle - Team FA||1||0.91|
|22||Ed Nicholson - Unibet||1||0.73|
- bettingexpert, Timeform and a rotation of guests will be providing expert tips for a specific Wednesday race meet.
- We will keep record of points won each week and the number of race wins for each.
- The guests will compete individually, with their points going up against the average totals for bettingexpert and Timeform.
- The new tips will be published on Wednesday ahead of the race meet, and the results will be available on Thursday.
- For the competition, we will assume that all selections are backed with 1 point.
- Lost tips will count as 0 and won bets will be added to the leaderboard at SP value.
- For example, if bettingexpert backs a winning horse at 8/1, they will get 8 points.