Alan Alger of Betway retained his position at the top of the leaderboard, after John Cruces failed to muster a serious ‘Tipster Challenge’ at Chepstow Races.
Cruces, Head of Sports Marketing and Sponsorship for Dafabet, picked out just a single winner in 5/4 favourite Valseur Du Granval, one of three winners for our experts across the day’s action.
Timeform held on to fourth after backing Rocklander and Sumkindofking, with the latter also returning 0.73 points for bettingexpert, who drop to sixth.
Race Winners at Chepstow:
- Charlemar – 7/2
- Burton Boru – 12/1
- Valseur Du Granval – 5/4
- Rocklander – 2/1
- Wizards Bridge – 7/1
- Phangio – 2/1
- Sumkindofking – 8/11
Tipster Challenge 2016/17 Leaderboard
|1||Alan Alger - Betway||3||11.41|
|2||John Hill - Coral||2||4.25|
|3||Michael Shinners - Sky Bet||2||4.00|
|5||John Cruces - Dafabet||1||1.25|
|7||Ed Nicholson - Unibet||1||0.73|
- bettingexpert, Timeform and a rotation of guests will be providing expert tips for a specific Wednesday race meet.
- We will keep record of points won each week and the number of race wins for each.
- The guests will compete individually, with their points going up against the average totals for bettingexpert and Timeform.
- The new tips will be published on Wednesday ahead of the race meet, and the results will be available on Thursday.
- For the purpose of the competition, we will assume that all selections are backed with 1 point.
- Lost tips will count as 0 and won bets will be added to the leaderboard at SP value.
- For example, if bettingexpert backs a winning horse at 8/1, they will get 8 points.