Paddy Power and Timeform shared the spoils in the Tipster Challenge at York, with both returning a highly creditable 9.71 points. A trio of winners for Power, Director of Communications for the Irish bookmaker, helped the Guests to open up a 25.50-point lead at the top of the leaderboard.
Across the day, our experts were only able to record points from Idaho, Postponed and Oceane, with Boom The Groom, Syphax and The Wagon Wheel taking surprise victories in the other three races. SBC News and Stephen Harris of bettingexpert both returned a disappointing 2.71 points.
Race Winners at York:
- Boom The Groom – 11/1
- Syphax – 16/1
- Idaho – 5/6
- Postponed – 15/8
- Oceane – 7/1
- The Wagon Wheel – 13/2
Tipster Challenge Week 30 Leaderboard:
- We will be taking on bettingexpert, Timeform and a rotation of guests, with the focus on a specific Wednesday race meet.
- Throughout the year we will keep record of points won each week, points won on average and points won overall for each.
- The guest tipsters will compete as one team, with their points added together as one leaderboard entry.
- The new tips will be published on Wednesday ahead of the race meet, and the results will be available on Thursday.
- For the purpose of the competition, we will assume that all selections are backed with 1 point.
- Lost tips will count as 0 and won bets will be added to the leaderboard at SP value.
- For example, if bettingexpert backs a winning horse at 8/1, they will get 8 points.