Darren Haines served up a ‘heavyweight’ performance in the Tipster Challenge at Catterick, as the Guest team moved past 130 points, opening up a lead which now stands at 16.85 points.
Haines, who works for Sports Marketing and PR company Heavyweight Sports, picked out three winners, including the long odds Bold Spirit (11/1) in the sixth race of the day at 4:30.
SBC News held on to second place after correctly backing the 13/2 Fillydelphia. The entire day saw only two favourites prevail, which included the 11/8 Seamster, the sole success story for Timeform.
Meanwhile, Stephen Harris of bettingexpert will be disappointed with his day’s work. Incredibly, the Horse Racing Guru failed to find a winner despite backing five horses that finished in the top three.
Race Winners at Catterick:
- Rusumaat – 10/11
- Rio Deva – 11/2
- Fillydelphia – 13/2
- Brockholes – 6/1
- Danish Duke – 3/1
- Bold Spirit – 11/1
- Purple Magic – 11/2
- Seamster – 11/8
Tipster Challenge Week 23 Leaderboard:
- We will be taking on bettingexpert, Timeform and a rotation of guests, with the focus on a specific Wednesday race meet.
- Throughout the year we will keep record of points won each week, points won on average and points won overall for each.
- The guest tipsters will compete as one team, with their points added together as one leaderboard entry.
- The new tips will be published on Wednesday ahead of the race meet, and the results will be available on Thursday.
- For the purpose of the competition, we will assume that all selections are backed with 1 point.
- Lost tips will count as 0 and won bets will be added to the leaderboard at SP value.
- For example, if bettingexpert backs a winning horse at 8/1, they will get 8 points.