It was a day for short price winners at Haydock, as 4 of the first 5 races were won by the pre-race favourite. In fact, it was only 4th placed Timeform who collected more than 1.75 points on any single race. Timeform actually managed a highly creditable 5 winners and a total of 8.65 points.
However, it was Betting Gods who managed to keep the Tipster Challenge lead for the Guests, after victories for Fair Eva (Evens) and King Bolete (4/7). SBC News are moving in the right direction though, and managed to close the gap to 3.47 points with 4 winners and 4.15 points.
Stephen Harris, the Horse Racing Guru at bettingexpert, started with a bang by winning the first 2 races of the day. Unfortunately, Al Neksh (5/6) and Fair Eva would prove to be his only winners.
Race Winners at Haydock:
- Al Neksh – 5/6
- Fair Eva – Evens
- Snan – 9/4
- Galvanize – 6/1
- King Bolete – 4/7
- Forth Bridge – 7/4
- George William – 9/2
Tipster Challenge Week 20 Leaderboard:
- We will be taking on bettingexpert, Timeform and a rotation of guests, with the focus on a specific Wednesday race meet.
- Throughout the year we will keep record of points won each week, points won on average and points won overall for each.
- The guest tipsters will compete as one team, with their points added together as one leaderboard entry.
- The new tips will be published on Wednesday ahead of the race meet, and the results will be available on Thursday.
- For the purpose of the competition, we will assume that all selections are backed with 1 point.
- Lost tips will count as 0 and won bets will be added to the leaderboard at SP value.
- For example, if bettingexpert backs a winning horse at 8/1, they will get 8 points.