The founding eight members of the Asian-African Tote Association (AATA) were announced in the opening association meeting held yesterday in South Africa. The new association aims to create strengthening ties among African betting operators and totes, and to further increase African racings and totes profile throughout the global gambling sector.
The eight members of the AATA include Hong Kong Jockey Club, Tabcorp Holdings (Australia), the Macau Jockey Club, South Africa’s Phumelela Gaming & Leisure, the Singapore Turf Club, the New Zealand Racing Board, Racing & Wagering Western Australia, and the Saigon Racing Club.
Hong Kong Jockey Club’s executive director of customer services and marketing, Richard Cheung, was elected as the association’s president. Brendan Parnell, who is the CEO of Tabcorp’s media and business, was chosen as its vice-president.
Members would work together to enhance common interests in such issues as:
- Technological advances in totalizator and wagering operations;
- Commingling standards and the harmonisation of betting rules;
- The sustainable funding of the racing industry;
- Providing responsible wagering services;
- Combating illegal and unauthorised wagering operators
- Customer and marketing initiatives.