AppBet horse racing tipster Sarah Shannon has beaten almost 30 industry experts to win the Tipster Challenge on SBC News for the 2016/17 Jump Season.
Stephen Harris, the horse racing guru at bettingexpert, finished with a 10.41-point flourish at Perth after wins for Royal Village, Gayebury, Late Date and Great Fighter.
This means Harris finishes the 27-week challenge, sponsored by Betting Gods, a full 10 positions ahead of the experts from Timeform, who leapfrogged Betfred’s Matthew Hulmes for a 16th placed finish.
Meanwhile, it was a disappointing day for BetStars Trading Director Ian Marmion, the final challenger to Shannon’s Tipster Challenge lead, as he failed to find a single winner across the seven races.
The competition takes a short break before re-launching in a new format for the 2017 Flat Season.
Race Winners at Perth:
- Royal Village – 8/15
- Miss Maiden Over – 7/1
- Gayebury – 3/1
- Beeves – 7/1
- Late Date – 11/2
- Jovial Joey – 9/2
- Great Fighter – 11/8
Tipster Challenge 2016/17 – Final Standings
|1||Sarah Shannon - AppBet||3||13.69|
|2||Alan Alger - Betway||3||11.41|
|3||Jacob Johns - Easyodds||3||7.72|
|4||Phillip Anderson - Before The Off||3||6.17|
|5||Ciaran O'Brien - William Hill||3||5.29|
|7||Ben Cleminson - Square in the Air||1||4.50|
|8||John Hill - Coral||2||4.25|
|9||Alex Donohue - Ladbrokes||2||4.11|
|10||Michael Shinners - Sky Bet||2||4.00|
|11||Stuart Tilly - Argyll Entertainment||1||4.00|
|12||Darren Moore - Betting Gods||2||3.66|
|13||Conor White - BetBright||3||3.62|
|14||Trevor Keane - Sportego||2||3.50|
|15||Harry Lang - Pinnacle||1||3.50|
|17||Matthew Hulmes - Betfred||2||3.25|
|20||Edward Rycroft - LeoVegas||2||1.82|
|21||Charlie McCann - BetVictor||1||1.75|
|22||Stephen Power - @racingblogger||2||1.69|
|23||John Cruces - Dafabet||1||1.25|
|24||Michael Whittle - Team FA||1||0.91|
|25||Ed Nicholson - Unibet||1||0.73|
|26||Gerry Murray - 32Red||1||0.44|
|27||Bradley Gibbs - Bookmaker Ratings||1||0.20|
|28||Ged Colleypriest - Ball Street||0||0.00|
|29||Ian Marmion - BetStars||0||0.00|
- bettingexpert, Timeform and a rotation of guests will be providing expert tips for a specific Wednesday race meet.
- We will keep record of points won each week and the number of race wins for each.
- The guests will compete individually, with their points going up against the average totals for bettingexpert and Timeform.
- The new tips will be published on Wednesday ahead of the race meet, and the results will be available on Thursday.
- For the competition, we will assume that all selections are backed with 1 point.
- Lost tips will count as 0 and won bets will be added to the leaderboard at SP value.
- For example, if bettingexpert backs a winning horse at 8/1, they will get 8 points.