Stephen Harris from bettingexpert climbed two places in the Tipster Challenge after collecting 11.57 points from three race victories at Hereford.
The horse racing guru bypassed Paddy Power and the experts from Timeform to move up to 11th place with a 3.09-point average after 17 weeks of competition.
Meanwhile, Russell Yershon endured a frustrating day at Hereford despite landing the first winner on Chef D’Oeuvre. The former Head of Sportsbook for Titanbet picked up just 1.88 points to enter in 14th.
Race Winners at Hereford:
- Yorgonnahearmeroar – 7/1
- Chef D’Oeuvre – 15/8
- Ice Cool Champs – 4/7
- Final Nudge – 4/1
- Goodtoknow – 4/1
- Toby Lerone – 11/2
- Runasimi River – 7/1
Tipster Challenge 2016/17 Leaderboard
|1||Alan Alger - Betway||3||11.41|
|2||Jacob Johns - Easyodds||3||7.72|
|2||Phillip Anderson - Before The Off||3||6.17|
|3||Ciaran O'Brien - William Hill||3||5.29|
|4||Ben Cleminson - Square in the Air||1||4.50|
|5||John Hill - Coral||2||4.25|
|6||Alex Donohue - Ladbrokes||2||4.11|
|7||Michael Shinners - Sky Bet||2||4.00|
|8||Stuart Tilly - Argyll Entertainment||1||4.00|
|9||Trevor Keane - Sportego||2||3.50|
|10||Matthew Hulmes - Betfred||2||3.25|
|15||Charlie McCann - BetVictor||1||1.75|
|16||Stephen Power - @racingblogger||2||1.69|
|17||John Cruces - Dafabet||1||1.25|
|18||Michael Whittle - Team FA||1||0.91|
|19||Ed Nicholson - Unibet||1||0.73|
- bettingexpert, Timeform and a rotation of guests will be providing expert tips for a specific Wednesday race meet.
- We will keep record of points won each week and the number of race wins for each.
- The guests will compete individually, with their points going up against the average totals for bettingexpert and Timeform.
- The new tips will be published on Wednesday ahead of the race meet, and the results will be available on Thursday.
- For the competition, we will assume that all selections are backed with 1 point.
- Lost tips will count as 0 and won bets will be added to the leaderboard at SP value.
- For example, if bettingexpert backs a winning horse at 8/1, they will get 8 points.