The Tipster Challenge returned to SBC News on Wednesday with a thoroughly unsuccessful day for our experts. A strange day of action at Nottingham saw race winners at both 40 and 50/1.
In the seven races, not a single favourite emerged victorious, with only Stratum (7/4) and Clever Cookie (4/6) making the top two.
Charlie McCann, Head of Communications for BetVictor, will be disappointed with his blank return, although the Guests did still manage to hold on to a slender lead at the top of the table.
SBC News and Stephen Harris (bettingexpert) will now be confident of making up the 3.81-point deficit in Week 13, after picking up 4.5 points from 9/2 Motdaw in the 4:55.
Race Winners at Nottingham:
- Angel Grace – 14/1
- Willytheconqueror – 3/1
- Lexington Abbey – 11/4
- Frosty Berry – 50/1
- Sinfonietta – 9/1
- Motdaw – 9/2
- Walsingham Grange – 40/1
Tipster Challenge Week 12 Leaderboard:
- We will be taking on bettingexpert, Timeform and a rotation of guest tipsters every week, with the focus on a specific race meet every Wednesday.
- Throughout the year we will keep record of points won each week, points won on average and points won overall for each tipster.
- The guest tipsters will compete as one team, with their points added together as one leaderboard entry.
- The new tips will be published on Wednesday ahead of the race meet, and the results will be available from Thursday morning.
- For the purpose of the competition, we will assume that all selections are backed with 1 point.
- Lost tips will count as 0 and won bets will be added to the leaderboard at SP value.
- For example, if bettingexpert backs a winning horse at 8/1, they will get 8 points.