Betfair has announced the launch its special Betfair Predicts app, which will aim to show how the Betfair Exchange is monitoring the UK 2015 General Election. The app has been developed and designed by Betfair partner technology development firm Grand Parade.
Betfair’s Exchange has a track record of calling political outcomes correctly; most recently calling a “No” vote at the Scottish Referendum as an 80% chance throughout the campaign, while the polls were calling it 50/50.
Betfair Predicts, which is available across desktop, iOS and Android, takes the betting data within the Exchange’s markets and brings it to life in a simple and engaging way. Several rolling graphics show the percentage chance (drawn from the market odds) of each of the main election outcomes, with an interactive map showing the betting landscape right down into the individual constituencies.
James Midmer, political spokesperson for Betfair commented on the app:
“This is the tightest election for years and people will want as much insight as they can get. Betting markets have an impressive track record of predicting outcomes and Betfair is offering its most comprehensive range of markets ever for those looking to get involved.”
Betting data will be constantly compared to the main polling agencies, making it a one stop shop for anyone with an interest in how the election will go.
Betfair Predicts Features
- Use the power and accuracy of the Betfair Exchange to see who is going to win the 2015 General Election
- Get a quick overview of the big issues – who will be Prime Minister, which party will be in power, and so forth
- Compare the polls, twitter sentiment and what Betfair data is saying all in one place
- See the nationwide view of all individual constituencies on our interactive map
- Use the interactive map to see how Betfair predicts at constituency level.
- Adjust the Swing-O-Meter to see how swing-seats can affect the overall picture
- Follow unique political betting experts and see their tips within an exclusive election newsfeed