Alex Donohue, PR Manager at Ladbrokes, landed his second winner in the final race of the day at Hereford to enter the Tipster Challenge in 5th place.
The 4.11 points he collected from Long Call (3/1) and Lady Karina (11/10) put him between Coral’s John Hill and Sky Bet’s Michael Shinners in the latest standings.
This meant that Stephen Harris of bettingexpert dropped a place to 11th, despite picking up 4.88 points and increasing his weekly average to 2.74 after 14 weeks of action.
Harris now stands just two places below the experts from Timeform, who only picked up 1.11 points to fall from 7th to 9th. Betfred’s Matthew Hulmes is separating the regular tipsters in mid-table.
Race Winners at Hereford:
- Way of the World – 20/1
- Long Call – 3/1
- Zamdy Man – 15/8
- Courtown Oscar – 8/1
- Gardiners Hill – 7/1
- Lady Karina – 11/10
Tipster Challenge 2016/17 Leaderboard
|1||Alan Alger - Betway||3||11.41|
|2||Phillip Anderson - Before The Off||3||6.17|
|3||Ciaran O'Brien - William Hill||3||5.29|
|4||John Hill - Coral||2||4.25|
|5||Alex Donohue - Ladbrokes||2||4.11|
|6||Michael Shinners - Sky Bet||2||4.00|
|7||Stuart Tilly - Argyll Entertainment||1||4.00|
|8||Trevor Keane - Sportego||2||3.50|
|10||Matthew Hulmes - Betfred||2||3.25|
|12||Charlie McCann - BetVictor||1||1.75|
|13||Stephen Power - @racingblogger||2||1.69|
|14||John Cruces - Dafabet||1||1.25|
|15||Michael Whittle - Team FA||1||0.91|
|16||Ed Nicholson - Unibet||1||0.73|
- bettingexpert, Timeform and a rotation of guests will be providing expert tips for a specific Wednesday race meet.
- We will keep record of points won each week and the number of race wins for each.
- The guests will compete individually, with their points going up against the average totals for bettingexpert and Timeform.
- The new tips will be published on Wednesday ahead of the race meet, and the results will be available on Thursday.
- For the competition, we will assume that all selections are backed with 1 point.
- Lost tips will count as 0 and won bets will be added to the leaderboard at SP value.
- For example, if bettingexpert backs a winning horse at 8/1, they will get 8 points.