John Hill, PR Manager at Coral, produced a decent performance in the Tipster Challenge at Fakenham, returning 4.25 points to enter in second place on the leaderboard after four weeks.
That leaves Hill, who has been in his current role with Coral since March 2014, behind only Alan Alger in the latest standings. The PR Manager for Betway collected 11.41 points at Fontwell.
A second successive blank week for Stephen Harris of bettingexpert sees him drop to fifth place with a points average of just 1.00, but it was better news for Timeform after a 5/2 victory on Queen Spud.
Race Winners at Fakenham:
- Eamon An Cnoic – 11/4
- Dothraki Raider – 13/2
- Fool To Cry – 7/4
- Salto Chisco – 5/4
- Daliance – 6/1
- Queen Spud – 5/2
- The Caller – 6/4
Tipster Challenge 2016/17 Leaderboard
|1||Alan Alger - Betway||3||11.41|
|2||John Hill - Coral||2||4.25|
|3||Michael Shinners - Sky Bet||2||4.00|
|6||Ed Nicholson - Unibet||1||0.73|
- bettingexpert, Timeform and a rotation of guests will be providing expert tips for a specific Wednesday race meet.
- We will keep record of points won each week and the number of race wins for each.
- The guests will compete individually, with their points going up against the average totals for bettingexpert and Timeform.
- The new tips will be published on Wednesday ahead of the race meet, and the results will be available on Thursday.
- For the purpose of the competition, we will assume that all selections are backed with 1 point.
- Lost tips will count as 0 and won bets will be added to the leaderboard at SP value.
- For example, if bettingexpert backs a winning horse at 8/1, they will get 8 points.