Europe

IMG Arena launches ‘Greenhouse programme’ targeting next-gen disruptions

More than a year in development, new industry data, insights and content provider IMG Arena announces the launch of its ‘Greenhouse’ innovation programme. Seeking to disrupt all standard components of the global betting sector, IMG Arena launches its Greenhouse directive, ‘funding and mentoring innovative entrepreneurs and companies reimagining the betting and media industries’. For its launch, IMG Arena announces ‘Sportsflare’, …

Read More »

Paddy Power Betfair enters Georgian market with Adjarabet acquisition

FTSE100 Paddy Power Betfair (PPB) has expanded its reach into the Georgian regulated gambling market acquiring a 51 per cent shareholding in leading betting and gaming group Adjarabet. The initial cash consideration put forward for Adjarabet’s  majority shareholding totals £101m, with the UK operator granted first right to acquire the remaining 49 per cent within a period of three years. …

Read More »

Amazing Gaming steps up sporting coverage through AmazingODDS

AmazingODDS

The breadth of sports data provided by AmazingODDS has been stepped up to cover up to 60,000+ sporting events each month, including the biggest matches across the most prominent US sports and the highest profile contests played out on the top 20 esports titles. One of two headline sportsbook products for Amazing Gaming, the AmazingODDS service – managed by in-house …

Read More »

bwin places firm responsibility agenda on DFB 2022 extension

GVC Holdings’ European online sportsbook property bwin, has confirmed a four-year extension to its existing partnership with the Deutscher Fussball Bund – DFB – German Football Association. Extended to December 2022, bwin will continue to act as ‘official DFB betting partner’, securing extensive brand coverage across Germany men/women’s national football team matches. In addition, the bwin brand secures advertising rights …

Read More »

Rebecca Sotomora: Groove Gaming at the epicentre of aggregator disruption

Ahead of ICE 2019, Rebecca Sotomora commercial lead for Groove Gaming, details to SBC readers how industry turn-key technology dynamics and reputations have changed through quick access plug–n-play platform cutting resources with effective delivery…. _________________ SBC: Hi Rebecca, thanks for the interview, since its enterprise inception in 2017, what do you believe has been the foundation for Groove Gaming’s fast …

Read More »

Children’s exposure to betting ads lowest for 10 years

Children saw nearly 40% fewer gambling ads in 2017 than they did in 2013 according to the latest report from the Advertising Standards Authority (ASA). The report found that children on average see 2.8 adverts for gambling products a week. The report also found that the levels of children’s exposure to sports-related gambling ads in 2017 were on average of …

Read More »

OtherLevels launches personalised real-time solution

Digital marketing and messaging platform, OtherLevels Holdings Limited, has launched its new real-time module which enables igaming operators to carry out in-play engagements. OtherLevels In-Play 2.0 will offer an automated, real-time solution that combines event feeds, live odds, condition evaluation, dynamic message content and smart segmentation which will be developed using historical betting data. Brendan O’Kane, Managing Director for OtherLevels, …

Read More »

6 of the Best – ECOMMPAY’s Paul Marcantonio

Blonk 6OTB

This week’s 6 of the Best comes from Paul Marcantonio, Head of UK & Western Europe at ECOMMPAY. Read on to discover which England international side provided a sporting highlight, a best bet that hasn’t yet landed and which category proved to be particularly tough. Best Holiday Not a particularly glamorous, but my best holiday experience was/is Olu Deniz in …

Read More »

GamblingCompliance signs up for SBC’s Betting on Football & Betting on Sports America

GamblingCompliance

Sports betting media and events company Sports Betting Community (SBC) and leading regulatory intelligence portal GamblingCompliance have joined forces in order to improve the dialogue around gambling regulations. The partnership will see GamblingCompliance become the lead partner on the key compliance and regulatory tracks at SBC’s upcoming Betting on Football (19-23 March) and Betting on Sports America (23-25 April) conferences. …

Read More »

Efbet enters Spanish market with OptimaMGS platform

Spiffbet

Sportsbook and casino operator, Efbet, will expand its current European operations by entering the Spanish regulated market through a new site powered by the OPTIMAMGS™ platform. The betting group, which already utilises OPTIMAMGS™ as the lead platform for its Eastern European properties, will continue to use OPTIMA turnkey solutions to provide Spanish customers with access to its games portfolio and gaming …

Read More »