Tag Archives: Scandinavia

Ismail Vali – Sweden: The survival of the fittest

Sweden - Copyright: ondrejprosicky / 123RF Stock Photo

Confirmation came this week that the licensing process for the new national gambling code in Sweden has been delayed until 1 August. SBC News took the opportunity to speak to industry consultant Ismail Vali about the number of operators he expects to populate the market, industry benchmarks for gaming legislation, and how to retain players when bonuses become non-permissible as …

Read More »

MMIG announces Income Access referral partnership

Income Access, the Paysafe marketing technology and services provider, has announced a referral partnership with MMIG. Under the terms of the deal, the Frankfurt headquartered marketing consultancy, whose MMIG Connector product streamlines recruitment for iGaming brands, is to recommend the Income Access affiliate platform to its online gambling partners. Maximilian Solz, CEO of MMIG, said: “We chose to partner with Income …

Read More »

Business Briefs – featuring Unicef, the Ponca Tribe and NetEnt

Copyright: qvist / 123RF Stock Photo

This round up features controversy over the prolonged construction of a new casino in the United States, a Northern Irish publican appealing the court’s decision that he isn’t fit to hold a licence and a Maltese DFS summit, amongst others.  Charity lottery launched in Scandinavia Zeal Group and Unicef have teamed up to launch Norway’s first digital only charity lottery, …

Read More »

RakeTech Group strengthens M&A drive with new board chairman

RakeTech - Copyright: nobeastsofierce / 123RF Stock Photo

iGaming affiliate RakeTech Group has strengthened its 2017 M&A drive by confirming Christian Lundberg as the new chairman of the company’s board. A former Nordic Regional Director for Microsoft, Lundberg currently works as a strategic advisor to several corporate leaders in both publicly listed and private companies through his own business A Force 4U. His experience with international organisations such …

Read More »

Scandinavia new boys Entrobet launch affiliate program on NetRefer

Scandinavian focused online bookmaker Entrobet (Entrobet.com) has launched its affiliate marketing program utilising NetRefer software services. Launching its partner marketing program, the Malta-based operator will join NetRefer’s ‘Unified Performance Marketing’ platform. Christer Frestad, Managing Director at EntroBet commented on the launch of the affiliate program “We have had nothing but good experiences with NetRefer throughout the implementation process of their cutting-edge affiliate …

Read More »

Betsson seeks SEK bond for further corporate acquisitions

Issuing a short market update, Stockholm-listed European sports betting operator Betsson AB (Betsson) has confirmed that it has issued a mandate to Nordic investment banks’ DNB Markets (Norway) and Swedbank (Sweden) ‘to arrange fixed income investor meetings starting  14 November 2016’. The betting operator is seeking to secure a three-year bond issue (sum undisclosed), with the proceeds used to facilitate …

Read More »

Cherry acquires first 49% of shares in ComeOn Malta Ltd

Cherry AB has announced the acquisition of the first 49% of shares in ComeOn Malta Ltd, strengthening its market position in Scandinavia with brands including ComeOn, Mobilbet, Folkeautomaten and Casinostugan. The company also has the option to acquire the remaining 51%. The acquisition, which is expected to have an immediate positive effect on Cherry’s profit, included payment with 2,901,475 B-shares …

Read More »

VonBets seeks Scandinavian uplift with Jonatan “Tintti” Johansson & Janne Niinimaa as Brand Ambassadors.

Seeking to further its coverage within Scandinavian markets, European online betting operator VonBets (www.VonBets.com) has confirmed the appointment of former Finnish football international  Jonatan “Tintti” Johansson along with Finnish Ice Hockey Legend Janne Niinimaa as VonBets Brand Ambassadors. Popular former Finland striker (106 caps) Jonatan “Tintti” Johansson, brings a wealth of expert football knowledge having played in various European football …

Read More »