Having completed the final chapter of its two-year Caesars Entertainment Operating Company (CEOC) bankruptcy restructure, Caesars Entertainment Corporation (CEC) has appointed a new Board of Directors to lead its business.
The high profile CEC board will be led by former Walt Disney and Ernest & Young leadership executive James S Hunt, who has extensive experience in corporate governance for leisure and finance sectors.
Taking on the Chairmanship of CEC, Hunt commented “It is an honour to have been designated as Chairman of the Board of Caesars Entertainment. Caesars is a leader in gaming and entertainment with strong brands, first-class properties and talented people. I am committed to working tirelessly with our Board colleagues and our management team to drive long-term value creation.”
CEC President & CEO Mark Frissora will report to a Board of ten directors led by Hunt. CEC Board members include;
- Thomas Benninger – Managing Partner of San Francisco-based Private Equity firm Global Leveraged Capital
- John Boushy – Former CEO & President of Ameristar Casinos
- John Dionne – Lecturer of Finance at Harvard Business School
- Matthew Ferko – Debt expert for Franklin Mutual Advisers and former Debt lead UBS Securities
- Don Kornstein – Founder & CEO of financial consulting firm Alpine Advisors
- David Sambur – Senior Partner at Apollo Capital (private equity)
- Richard Schifter – Senior Partner at TPG Capital
- Marilyn Speigel – Former President of Wynn Las Vegas
- Christopher Williams – CEO of William Capital Investment Group
“The completion of the merger and restructuring process present Caesars Entertainment with the opportunity to continue on our path of growth and value creation,” Frissora commented on the new board announcement
“I look forward to partnering with Jim and all of the members of the incoming board to continue to take steps to unlock new growth opportunities.”