The Sporting Integrity Trading Analyst will be part of Sportradar’s expanding Security Services team. Since 2004, Sportradar has provided its Fraud Detection System (FDS) to sports federations across the world in order to monitor the global betting market for signs of corruption and match-fixing. The FDS now monitors in excess of 65,000 matches each year, across a variety of sports, and tracks odds movements at over 400 bookmakers worldwide, both pre-match and live.
This role entails analysing betting patterns from the global betting market and reporting on irregular and potentially suspicious matches with a focus on Australian sporting events, but will also include overseas competitions. The successful candidate will be passionate about sport and have an extensive knowledge of the main leagues and competitions in Australia.
Previous experience of working in the betting industry is essential, preferably in a role trading Australian sports. The successful applicant will also possess strong written English skills and will be able to present betting analysis in a clear and concise manner.
• Monitor and investigate betting patterns on FDS sports and competitions, with particular focus on Australian sports
• Write analytical reports on suspected manipulated matches, and periodical betting summary reports for sport federations
• Conduct person-specific investigative reports on individuals such as players or referees
• Lead or assist with ad-hoc betting integrity projects
• Devise new products or processes which assist Sportradar’s Security Services
• Graduate or equivalent experience
• Extensive knowledge of Australian sports including Australian Rules Football, Cricket, Rugby League and Rugby Union
• In-depth understanding of betting markets
• Strong data interpretation capabilities and excellent attention to detail
• Flexible with regard to shift patterns
• Fluent in English (written and spoken), any other European or Asian language will be considered as a plus
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Creative thinker, keen to further refine the system and process
• Highly self-motivated
• Team player, able to work with new teams immediately
• Flexible to adapt to changing priorities and able to work to tight deadlines
• Committed to upholding the highest professional work standards and ethics
• Knowledge of additional sports (e.g. football, tennis, and basketball) and their betting markets
• Asian trading experience
• Mathematical/Statistical qualifications
Sportradar is a global leader in understanding and leveraging the power of sports data and digital content for its clients around the world. We provide cutting-edge solutions and services to media companies, bookmakers, sports federations and state authorities.
Find out more here – http://jobs.sbcnews.co.uk/jobs/20695-sports-trading-integrity-analyst-at-sportradar