Session – WGES Social Gaming -9:30 CET
Topic – Facebook Trends, Igaming & Social Gaming
Session Speaker – Sean Ryan Director of Gaming Facebook
Sean Ryan Director of Facebook Gaming, discusses trends with regards to social gaming. Ryan further discusses the complex history of Facebook with regards to gaming, gaming advertising and real money gaming partnerships. Ryan sheds insight on how Facebook intends to implement further real money gaming partnerships and create stable revenues from the applications and partnerships.
SBC Key Session Notes
- Since allowing Gaming advertising in autumn 2011 on select Facebook markets, gaming advertising has become one of Facebook main advertising verticals. Ryan expects this trend to continue with more European regulated markets.
- Facebook are starting to witness uplift in social casino customers with some players reaching a lifetime value as as $500.
- Facebook real money gaming partnerships are working well. Sean Ryan compliments Bonza Gaming stating that the operator understands Facebook channels with regards to marketing and product delivery – “They use all our channels effectively – 50% of the users come in at a cpa of 0″.
- Facebook will be looking for more partnerships in the coming months. Partnerships are selected with close scrutiny in order to protect customers – especially under-age viewers.
- Ryan believes that vast gaming success will be driven by Facebook mobile gaming applications. ‘Our mobile app install ads is the undisputed best way to get users. We will start launching our RMG partners on mobile now’.
Session Gallery[flagallery gid=12]